Your problem may have another source, and it is worth looking into with your health care practitioner.
Here are some alternative causes of your issues:
- Bacterial vaginosis, caused by Gardnerella vaginalis – fishy odour, thin, watery, grey, foul-smelling discharge
- Yeast infection, caused by Candida albicans – thick, white discharge that can resemble cottage cheese, doesn’t smell bad, can get worse for yeasty food and drink, like beer and bread
- Trichomoniasis, caused by Trichomonas vaginalis – fishy or foul-smelling discharge, sometimes green frothy discharge
- Pelvic inflammatory disease – pelvic pain, aches, inflammation
- Latex, condom or semen allergy – pain, sensitivity, itching, swelling, inflammation
- Genital warts (condyloma) – warts, inflammation
- Herpes simplex virus (HSV) – sores, pain, weeping, itching, welts
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) – painful urination, burning, needing to urinate all the time but nothing comes out
- Contact dermatitis from perfumes, laundry detergents, etc. – inflammation, redness, swelling, itching, burning, discharge
- Chlamydia – frequent urination, burning, itching, ‘bladder issues’, discharge
- Gonorrhoea – smelly discharge, urethral symptoms
- Lichenoid conditions – contact dermatitis, lichen planus, lichen sclerosus
See the individual pages on STIs to see if you symptoms fit.
Editorial Note: We have developed an evidence-based treatment protocol for permanently getting rid of BV by removing the bacterial biofilm that keeps BV recurring. It comes in an ebook (we know – yawn, another BV ebook) and unlike apple cider vinegar, antibiotics, probiotic capsules, yoghurt, boric acid and whatever else you’ve been sticking up your vagina all this time, it addresses the true cause of your problem – the biofilm. It costs money because it’s good.
Killing BV – the definitive way to clean up the mess left by bacterial vaginosis