These treatments are designed for minor irritations, like a post-antibiotic yeast infection. If you have a vaginal infection, please remember that some more serious conditions and infections mimic yeast infections and BV, and if you aren’t sure or your problem isn’t responding to your home treatments, please see your doctor to be tested. If you’ve been there done that a thousand times without relief, find a naturopathic practitioner who can help.
This treatment is not for chronic, complex, or unknown vaginal problems.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil (100 per cent pure only)
- 5 drops Australian tea tree oil (100 per cent pure only)
- Melt the coconut oil by placing the jar in a bowl or pot of hot water or microwaving. If you live in a hot place, it’s probably already liquid.
- Add 5 drops of tea tree and 5 drops of lavender essential oil to the melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Pour your mixture into your moulds, which could be small ice cube trays, little tin-foil boats, or anything else you think would be appropriate.
- Put the mould into the freezer to harden.
- Or if you don’t need them immediately, leave in the fridge.
- Use up to four times per day, keeping in mind that the bigger the mould, the bigger the mess when it all melts inside your vagina and drips out! Using a small tampon or a panty liner can solve this.