Physioflor is a vaginal probiotic product containing Lactobacillus crispatus, coming in two forms – slow-release and one-a-day. L. crispatus is easily damaged in the vagina. In women of Caucasian descent, L. crispatus is the most commonly found vaginal microbe. You will need to buy this product online from Europe.
The product is designed to rebalance vaginal bacteria, but not to treat any condition. We think it’s a good adjunct to the Killing BV bacterial vaginosis treatment protocol, and could be used for general vaginal odour and improving microflora balances. Beyond that, we’re all so individual in our vaginal microflora, it’s impossible to say what this product could solve, help, or would not work for – our view is, it’s worth a try.
Notes on the products
- The packaging is in French
- Shop around for a good price – these are available from several retailers
- They do not have to be refrigerated, but do keep cool and dry
- Do not swallow these products! They are for vaginal use only.
- Product contains milk powder – allergy caution, not vegan
Physioflor LP – 2 vaginal tablets
This product contains two slow-release vaginal tablets containing L. crispatus. The tablet releases the probiotic for up to four days per tablet, with each tablet containing a mucoadhesive that allows the product to stick to the vaginal walls.
Cost: about $10 ($5 per capsule)
Directions: insert one tablet vaginally, then four days later, insert the second tablet
Physioflor – 7 tablets
This packet contains seven probiotic capsules with L. crispatus. The tablets are inserted daily for one week.
Cost: about $10 for seven capsules
Directions: One capsule vaginally at bedtime for one week. Do not swallow.
- At least 10 8 Lactobacillus crispatus (IP174178 patented strain)
- Magnesium stearate (salt of mineral magnesium)
- Milk powder
- Fructo-oligosaccharide (a form of sugar)
- Sodium glutamate (a simple salt of amino acid glutamate)
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)
- Sodium thiosulfate (antidote to cyanide poisoning, calcium chelator)
- Glucose (sugar)
- Brewer’s yeast (active yeast)
- Polysorbate 80 (a defoamer used when things are being fermented to improve consistency)
- Capsule – hydroxymethyl propyl cellulose of plant origin