Premular is an evidence-based herbal product based on Vitex agnes-castus (chaste tree) that effectively relieves symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS), and in our clinical experience, premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). Premular has been clinically proven to provide relief from the physical and mental symptoms of PMS.
The company manufacturing Premular is Flordis, which is now owned by SFI, a company developing natural, effective treatments for a variety of health conditions.
Premular has been clinically proven to alleviate:
- Mood swings
- Bloating and breast fullness
Premular provides sustained relief over time – you take Premular for between three and six menstrual cycles, because it takes some time to exert its effect, but the effect lasts far past the time you stop taking the herbs. This is why we love herbs!
Side-effects and safety of Premular
There are generally no negative side-effects from taking Premular, however in rare cases some skin itching has occurred, and some premenstrual symptoms may exacerbated in the first cycle you take Premular. You do not need to discontinue the product, however if you are concerned, speak to your healthcare professional.
There are no expected drug interactions with Premular. Taking Premular while pregnant or breastfeeding has not been tested, however should not be required. We do not advise.
Teenagers can take Premular safely.
Dose and cost
- One pill per day
- Package contains 30 tablets
- Start Premular the day you start your period or within a few days
- Take one hour either side of food
- Costs about $20 for 30 tabs, with a minimum of three cycles required – about 90 capsules = $60
- Vitex agnus-castus extract (Ze 440) dry herb equivalent of 180mg
- Lactose 40mg
- No added gluten, wheat soy, sugar, yeast, salt, artificial colours or preservatives.
Where to buy Premular
You can buy Premular from online pharmacies and retailers.