This vaginal suppository is designed to increase or support probiotic bacterial colonies in the vagina by providing a food source and acidic pH for the bacteria. It does not contain probiotics.
If you have a healthy vagina, this product won’t do much but act in a supportive fashion, but if you suffer from slight or undefinable vaginal problems (minor odour, discharge from non-infectious causes), it could help boost your good bacteria. It might be useful to use this product with a probiotic vaginally or orally also.
- Short chain fructooligosaccharides (prebiotic, calorie-free sugars from fruit)
- Silica (quartz – used as a moisture-absorber)
- Methylparaben (a paraben, fungicide, E218 used in food and products as a preservative)
- Lactic acid (to acidify the vagina)
- PEG-20 and PEG 32 (polyethylene glycol – an emulsifier that allows oil and water-based ingredients to mix without separating, a thickener)